Last Updated: Sept 1, 2023
FusionEd, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “FusionEd,” “we,” “our,” and “us”) are responsible for this website www.fusion-ed.com (the “Website”). We are committed to respecting the privacy of our Website visitors.
By visiting our Website, you can learn more about who we are, what we do, and the products and services that we own and operate (our “Services”).
We do not provide the Services outside the United States, so if you are using the Website or Services from outside the United States, you must stop.
What Personal Information do We Collect
As a visitor to our Website, including when you register an account, use the “Contact Us” function on the Website, or engage in the chat function via the Website, you may provide certain information about yourself, including Personal information, which is information, or any combination of information that can be used in isolation, such as your name, or with other information, to identify you as a natural person. This information may include:
- Your name
- Your age and/or grade level
- Your company name
- Your address (street name, zip code, city, state, province, country)
- Your payment information
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Information about the products and services that you have purchased or use.
This information is not collected unless you provide it via the Website or otherwise voluntarily provided it to us by sending an e-mail, participating in a survey, or completing an on-line form.
We may also collect information about you, including the device you use to interact with our Website and Services through cookies and similar technologies. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on the Website.
The Website may also use web beacons. A web beacon is usually a pixel on a website that can be used to track whether a user has visited a particular website to deliver targeted advertising. Web beacons are used in combination with cookies, which means that, if you turn off your browser’s cookies, the web beacons will not be able to track your activity. The web beacon will still account for a website visit, but your unique information will not be recorded.
We may also use website statistic packages to analyze trends in how the Website is accessed and utilized. Information monitored includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, geographic location of visitors (country, city), browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, time spent on pages, and keywords used to find our site via search engines. This information is anonymous and cannot be directly linked to individual users. We may use it to identify high-use or low-use areas of the site, pinpoint problem areas of the site, analyze broad demographic trends in our visitors, and make decisions about how to make it easier for people to find and navigate the website.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that FusionED has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
We will seek consent from the appropriate person where consent for the use and disclosure of personal information is required by law. In the case of a student’s personally identifiable information, we will seek the consent from the student and/or parent depending on the age of the student, the student’s mental ability and maturity to understand the consequences of the proposed use and disclosure, and the circumstances of the collection.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes, as well as for any other purpose to which you consent or is required by law:
- conduct basic business operations, such as communicate with customers and business planning;
- provide our Services;
- provide the information about Services you have requested;
- communicate with you about Services and our events, to the extent that you have requested such communications and with the opportunity to opt-out;
- improve our Services and Website;
- verify your identity to ensure security;
- respond to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy);
- contact you with regard to an application or opportunity or communicate changes;
- provide you with opportunities to offer feedback on your experience;
- conduct analysis on applicant trends to understand and improve our marketing practices, including for diversity, equity, and inclusion analysis;
- verify your identity and ensure security for one of the other purposes identified herein;
- protected against fraud; and/or
- to share with our contracted vendors for purposes of hiring; and/or conduct investigations to ensure compliance with, and comply with, legal obligations.
How We Disclose or Otherwise Share Your Personal Information with Third Parties
Personal information submitted will not be transferred to any non-affiliated third parties unless otherwise stated at the time of collection. Personally identifiable information submitted by users will only be used for the purpose stated at the time of collection will not sell or otherwise share your Personal Information outside our family of companies, except to:
- Allow service providers we have retained to perform Services on our behalf. In those cases, we will only share the information with service providers for the purposes outlined above. The categories of service providers with which we may share your Personal Information include to ensure our Products are provided to you. These service providers are or will be contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except when it is necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Comply with legal obligations, including but not limited to complying with tax and regulatory obligations, sharing data with labor/trade unions and works councils, and responding to a court proceeding or a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators.
- Investigate suspected or actual policy, ethics, or compliance violations or illegal activity.
- Prevent physical harm and protect employee safety.
- Support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
Where We Store Your Personal Information
FusionEd is U.S. company with operations only in the U.S. As such, your personal information will be stored in the U.S.
How Long We Retain Personal Information
We will retain personal information as long as needed to comply with its contractual and legal obligations. If the personal information is not subject to contractual or legal obligations, we will retain the data for as long as is required for the original purpose for which it was collected.
In all instances, retention requirements and purging of personal information may be impacted by law or regulation, court, administrative or arbitration proceeding, or an audit requirement. In each of these instances, applicable obligations may require us to retain data in specific circumstances for longer than indicated in this notice. Beyond the retention periods and for applicants who have requested deletion, we may retain anonymous data for statistical purposes to understand and improve its recruitment practices.
Third Party Links
This Website takes every precaution to protect users’ Personal Information. Whenever users submit Personal Information (such as contact info or credit card info) via online forms, registration, or online purchase, upon submission that information is encrypted via the highest level of SSL (Secured Sockets Layer) available. Servers that store Personally Identifiable information are in a secure environment. Under no circumstances are credit card numbers permanently stored on our servers.
Posts to any discussion forums, discussion boards, and/or comments are viewable by other users, including the general public. Please be aware of this when posting personal information in these areas.
Children’s Privacy Protection
This website is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children sixteen years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of sixteen.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
California Shine the Light Law: California residents may annually request and obtain information that is shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year. We do not share your Personal Information with other businesses for their own direct marketing use.
Do Not Track
Currently, we do not employ Do Not Track Technology.